Renovation / History

The long presence of a Church in Muthill is evidenced by the remains of a medieval building and burial ground in the centre of the village. The Old Church has a 12th century tower and the ruins of the 15th century Church building. The present Church, a handsome late Georgian building, dates from 1825-8. 

There has been a Church at Trinity Gask for at least 500 years and the present building dates from 1770.

More recently, in 1985, our two Parishes were linked.

The Parishes of Muthill and Trinity Gask with Kinkell are 7 miles apart and the road from Muthill to Trinity Gask Church crosses the River Earn at Kinkell Bridge. 

Muthill has plans to refashion and refurbish our almost 200 year old building. Removal of the pews creating several flexible meeting spaces, extending the kitchen and reshaping the hall, adding more toilets are just part of this ambitious project. The purpose is to allow the building to be much more useful to our local community and other groups. In a very few years this building will enter its third century. Our goal is that it might also be a new beginning.